Filtering Respiratory Protection
Type FFP2 (FFP2 is the European Standard approximately equal to N95 American Standard) – Source
CE Standard Considered: EN149:2001
IMPORTANT: It is more important that you have your mask properly fitted than the rating of the mask. Studies show that you are much more likely to come into contact with a pathogen through a gap in your mask, than through the mask’s filter. Always ensure a proper fit when wearing your mask.Fitting Instructions:
- Hold the respirator in hand with the nosepiece at your fingertips, allow headbands to hang freely below hand.
- Cup the respirator firmly against your face with the nosepiece on the bridge of your nose.
- Stretch and pull the lower headband over your head and position below your ears. Stretch and pull the top headband on the back of your head above your ears.
- To test fit, cup both hands over the respirator and exhale sharply. If air flows around your nose, tighten the nosepiece. If air leaks around the edges, reposition the headband to better fit.
- Change respirator immediately if breathing becomes difficult or respirator becomes damaged or distorted, or a proper face fit cannot be maintained.
Careful observances of these instructions is an important step in safe respirator use.
Please see the study on Particle Size-Selective Assessment of Protection of European Standard FFP Respirators and Surgical Masks against Particles-Tested with Human Subjects as linked in the above description for more information on the safety and usability of FFP masks.